A Simple Yet Powerful Solution That Surprises Many Professionals
by Rosanne Beers
As a personal and business coach, I see many of you struggle with too much to do and too many people to satisfy. Even though you are successful on one level, you really don't feel successful. Sometimes the rest of the world envies you and you feel guilty because you are unfulfilled. This sets up a chain reaction that affects your self-confidence. Some of you even feel like impostures.
There is a simple yet powerful solution. It is to take exceptional care of yourself. You can start by getting in touch with what you need physically, emotionally and spiritually to be your best. Then make sure you get whatever that is.
This is completely foreign to many of my clients. It meets some resistance. I've heard things like, "That's a nice idea, but I can't. I don't have time." When I get a reaction like that, I challenge my clients to give it a three-month trial and see what happens.
Here are some of the things these same clients said after making this important shift.
- "The way I look at it is I can't afford not to take the time for myself. I know that when I put myself first, I can accomplish amazing things without struggling."
- "I know that when I give myself the attention I deserve, the whole universe opens to me."
- " I know now that being too busy cost me a lot of opportunities."
- Taking good care of yourself requires you to slow down a little and get in touch with who you are and what you want out of life. It stops you from going through life on automatic pilot.
- When you take time for yourself, you get a boost of energy that gives you vitality. You naturally feel better about yourself. That is attractive! You start drawing people, opportunities, and money to you.
- When you stay so busy all the time, opportunities show up, but you miss them because you aren't even aware of them.
- Paying attention to yourself is a subtle way of getting the world to respond more positively to you. God meant for you to be extraordinary. He gave you free choice and he supports you best when you honor yourself.
It's that simple.
Are you ready to make some changes that will forever change your life? If you are, let's get started making some smart long term investments that will really pay off.
Start by blocking about three hours in your schedule this week. You will need time alone and without interruptions. I want you to think about your life and what you want for yourself.
- What is really good about your life right now? What is working? Make a list.
- What do you want more of? Put an asterik by each of these.
- What consumes your time that isn't giving you a great present or laying the groundwork for the future you want? Look through a magnifying glass. Make a list.
- What do you worry about? Make a list.
- What uncompleted projects or tasks are hanging over your head draining your energy? Make a list.
- Are other people's demands or actions sapping your energy? Who are they and what specifically is it that is affecting you this way?
- What conversations or actions do you need to take to resolve these issues? Make a list.
- What five things from these lists are you willing to do this week?
Designate five actions to take each week. Eliminate what you want to eliminate before you add anything to your schedule. I want you to lighten your load and create some space for yourself, before you add more of the good stuff. Please email and tell me about your successes and the difference these simple things have made in your life.
If you want 30 minutes of free support to get you in action, email me your name, time zone, and phone number. I will call you to schedule a time by phone or we can work by email, if you prefer. Please send email to [email protected]
©1999 by Rosanne Beers. All rights reserved.
Rosanne Beers specializes in working with professionals in sole and group practices, who want to grow their practices and manage themselves better. She also specializes in working with professionals who are dissatisfied with their profession to see if making some changes will make a difference, or if a career transition is in order.
Ms. Beers has just published a booklet called 57 Ways to Success On Your
Terms, which sells for $5.00 for a single copy/ $4.00 for 2 to 12 copies (US funds). Send a self addressed stamped envelop (SASE) with 55 cents US postage WITHIN THE US. For postage quotes OUTSIDE the United States email Ms. Beers with your exact address and postal code. Also email for discounts on multiple booklets to [email protected] or call (515) 225-1245.
Mail your order to:
5003 EP True Parkway
PO Box 27066
West Des Moines, IA 50266
*Iowa residents add 5% sales tax.